Get the latest updates and learn more about Agribusiness in Africa.
7th February 23
Head of Business Development and Partnerships
Our client, an impact driven technology company with agronomic technologies to provide farmers with advanced soil analysis and decision-support systems, is looking to hire a suitably qualified and competent Head of Business Development and Partnerships.
You will be responsible for bringing in new business, building partnerships, contributing to the company strategy and delivering on their mission to improve the profitability of small-scale farmers to have a real impact on food security across Africa.
The company employs remote/ hybrid working arrangements with the team based in seven countries across Africa and United Kingdom.
This role will be part of the investment committee and report directly to the CEO.
- Generate new business through prospecting to C-level executives.
- Build new business opportunities and create win-win B2B revenue streams.
- Drive the adoption of the technology.
- Contribute to the refinement of the digital product offerings.
- Lead the commercialization of their products across Africa.
- Perform competitive analysis to differentiate offerings and design pilots that side-step the competition
- The role is Africa-based and will involve extensive travel.
Qualities and Skills
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious and resilient.
- Networks within African and international private sector, including FMCG, banking. Insurance and other multinational conglomerates.
- Ability to work with agility and flexibility within a dynamic start-up team.
- Passion for innovation and for representing a high value service to clients.
- Ability to develop own leads and key relationships with prospects.
- Excellent communication, comfortable with C-suite individuals and ability to adapt to different audiences/preferences.
- Fluent in English and excellent writing skills.
- Experience in the agronomic or agricultural sector is not required.
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance and Health Insurance
- Performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Please send your CV to Agri Frontier Limited at email@example.com. We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Wandia Musyimi on firstname.lastname@example.org.