Get the latest updates and learn more about Agribusiness in Africa.
8th March 23
Commercial and Procurement Manager – Fruit and Vegetable
Our client, a leading Kenyan horticultural exporter, is looking to build on their current successful track record of growth and are looking to recruit an experienced fresh fruit and vegetable (FFV) buyer based in Kenya to work alongside a Global Sales team to develop and fulfil new markets in Europe, US and Asia.
The Commercial and Procurement Manager – Fruit and Vegetable will report to the Managing Director and will be primarily responsible for managing the sourcing and purchasing of fruit and vegetable for export, aimed at improving the company’s profitability and overall growth.
- Support annual strategic and business goals.
- Identify and evaluate potential supply partners in line with the company’s requirement.
- Responsible for liaising with suppliers and managing supplies.
- Manage Growers relationships.
- Develop procurement strategies in line with company’s objectives.
- Develop and implement purchasing and supply agreements, policies, procedures and timelines.
- Analyze market trends and provide a procurement plan for each season.
- Participate in the development of specifications for each market in accordance to client requirements.
- Achieve cost reduction while maintaining quality of supplies (operation efficiency).
- Provide periodic reports to management on purchasing, controls and processes.
- Provide guidance and support to staff on procurement through the implementation of business plans aligned to business outcomes.
- Ensure all supply agreements are executed in line with the agreed terms.
- Manage an active sample program for customers.
- Work with the sales team to deliver customer facing presentations.
Qualification & Skills
- Ideally have a formal qualification in Agriculture or Horticulture.
- Must have over 5 years’ experience in the Procurement field.
- Must have prior working experience in the Fruit & Vegetables sector.
- Have had responsibility for creating supply forecasts.
- Proven ability to create “end-to-end” costings for product leaving Kenya.
- Proven ability to coordinate with other departments within a Company.
- Good knowledge of supplier and third-party management.
- Aptitude in decision-making and analytical ability.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to Agri Frontier Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Wandia Musyimi on email@example.com.