Get the latest updates and learn more about Agribusiness in Africa.
7th September 23
Senior Agri Business Financial Consultant
ABOUT AGRI FRONTIER
Agri Frontier is an agri sector impact investment and advisory firm, with offices in Kenya, Nigeria and United Kingdom that specialises in helping to create world class farming and integrated agri businesses across the value chain, with a focus on frontier markets, particularly Africa.
We work with clients to provide innovative solutions to food security, economic and environmental sustainability, delivering impact in challenging environments and provides the following key services within our four divisions:
Corporate & Development Consulting:
- Transaction Services, including investment readiness, due diligence, fund raising, deal negotiation, acquisition, divestment and joint ventures.
- Strategic Development.
- Feasibility, business planning and financial modelling.
- Sustainability, including climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience strategies.
- Agricultural research and policy advisory.
- Market linkages.
Agri Frontier Growth HUB:
Agri Frontier Growth HUB is an accelerator that supports growth stage Agri SMEs across East & West Africa, helping companies to scale, grow and deliver impact. The Agri Growth HUB provides a range of match funded TA/BDS support, including:
- Capacity building support (pre-funding, fund raising and post funding stages).
- Climate and gender baseline evaluation and improvement strategies.
- Investment readiness and fund-raising activities.
Agri Frontier Growth FUND:
Agri Frontier Growth FUND is a blended finance impact fund that invests in growth stage Agri SMEs supported by the Agri Frontier Growth HUB.
The growth and success of any organisation is driven by its people. Talent Solutions offers a range of services to help identify and grow an organisations human capital.
- Executive search to yield the crème de la crème of candidates within the African Agri space.
- Board services to support and recruit for a credible and solid board of directors.
- Talent strategy helps identify improvements and gaps within your executive and senior team
- Performance management.
Typical clients range from Agri SME to corporate businesses across the agri value chain as well as Impact, Developmental and Private Equity investors. We cover projects across sub-Saharan Africa.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, under the support and guidance of the founder and senior managers, the position is to play a pivotal role in providing expert guidance and support to clients. You will work with existing clients and secure new ones.
Regional travel to East African countries may be a requirement, together with occasional international travel.
Typical work may involve:
- Client Consultation
- Engaging with clients to understand their goals, challenges, and specific requirements.
- Leading and managing projects, including scoping, planning, budgeting, and execution.
- Collaborating with clients to develop tailored approaches and strategies aligned with their business objectives and local environmental conditions.
- Proposal Writing & Project Management
- Leading the development of high-quality project proposals, including technical approaches, work plans, budgets, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Conducting thorough reviews and quality checks to ensure proposals are comprehensive, well-structured, and compelling.
- Technical Support
- Developing strategic plans, financial models and business plans.
- Carrying out agri business valuations.
- Transaction advisory including presenting opportunities to developmental, impact and private equity investors.
- Feasibility studies for new and expansion agricultural projects.
- Preparing fund raising proposals and tenders.
- Business Development and Stakeholder Engagement
- Identifying new business opportunities both within East Africa and the rest of Africa.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with potential clients, partners, associations, and donors to expand the firm’s network and client base.
- Representing the company at industry engagements and promoting the firm’s expertise.
- Team Leadership and Capacity Building
- Providing guidance, mentorship, and technical expertise to the team of junior consultants working on projects.
- Fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment, encouraging knowledge sharing and professional growth among team members.
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree (essential). An MBA or relevant financial analyst experience/qualifications would be an advantage.
- 5 – 7 years of corporate finance consulting and/or management consulting.
- Expertise in strategic development, transaction advisory, financial modelling, investment readiness.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing teams, including providing guidance, mentoring, and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Excellent proposal writing skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to diverse stakeholders.
- Strong business development and networking abilities, with experience in identifying and pursuing new opportunities and building client relationships.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
How to Apply:
Please send CV to Wandia Musyimi at email@example.com
Note: Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.