Get the latest updates and learn more about Agribusiness in Africa.
3rd January 23
Transaction Advisory Consultant
Agri Frontier is an agri investment and advisory firm, with offices in Kenya, Nigeria and United Kingdom that specialises in helping to create world class farming and integrated agribusinesses across the value chain, with a focus on frontier markets, particularly Africa.
Agri Frontier Growth Hub is an incubation platform that aims to support small and medium enterprises operating within the Agri sector across East and West Africa across multiple value chains through the provision of subsidised business advisory.
Key Aims & Objectives:
The position will be in Agri Frontier Growth Hub which is based in Nairobi, Kenya, under the support and guidance of the hub manager and founder, the position is to help grow the investment and advisory business, supporting existing clients and securing new ones. Regional travel to East African countries may be requirement, together with occasional international travel. Typical work may involve:
- transaction advisory including presenting opportunities to developmental, impact, and private equity investors
- review outputs and assign responsibilities to junior consultants
- take a leading role in business development initiatives of the Growth Hub including writing investment proposals and establishing strategic partnerships
- due diligence, fundraising and M&A deals structuring support
- development of strategic plans, financial models, business plans, and investment memos for our clients
- advise clients on the right capital structure
- carry out agribusiness valuations
- feasibility studies for new and expansion agricultural projects
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Transaction Advisory preferably in the agricultural sector
- strong experience in developing and reviewing financial models and investment proposals
- a combined passion for investment/finance/business
- relevant stakeholder network among financial investors such as Private Equity Firms, Commercial Banks, DFIs, and entrepreneur support organizations that are Agri-Business financing
- strong critical thinking to be able to distil detailed analysis into big-picture strategic insights
- possess excellent report writing skills
- relevant accounting/financial qualifications, CPA/ACCA/CIMA is essential
- possess a bachelor’s degree – essential, an MBA/CFA would be an advantage
How to Apply
Please send your CV to Agri Frontier Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Wandia Musyimi on email@example.com.