Get the latest updates and learn more about Agribusiness in Africa.
13th November 23
Commercial Manager - Food & Water Testing Services
Our client, a well-respected food, environmental, and water testing laboratory in Kenya, is seeking a Commercial Manager for their Food & Water Testing Division. The role will be based in Nairobi and will focus on driving rapid growth in the food, water, and environmental testing services business unit.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Group Chief Commercial Officer, who is also based in Kenya. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for food safety and the environment, and who would like to make a significant impact to our client’s regional growth.
As they expand their business in East Africa, our client requires an individual to lead the sales and marketing efforts for their Food and Water Testing division. You will be responsible for developing and implementing a go-to-market strategy, monitoring commercial performance metrics, and increasing laboratory testing revenue within the Hospitality, Food Processing, Retail, Industry, Health, and Education sub-sectors.
You would also be responsible for developing and managing a high-impact key account management plan, as well as all contracting and proposal documentation related to client acquisition and retention. This would include SLAs, Partnership and agency agreements, and sales presentations.
In addition, you would be expected to continuously refine the product portfolio and value proposition for the regional market, and take responsibility for marketing activities to develop the company brand within the Food & Water testing sector across East Africa, and work to build sector advocacy and external stakeholder relationships. Finally, you would be responsible for updating and managing the sales pipeline using a CRM.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- At least 5 years of commercial sales and marketing experience in East Africa, preferably with a strong background in the food and water testing industry.
- A deep understanding of implementing a commercial sales strategy in a related food and environmental sector in Kenya.
- Prior experience in working in a fast-growing environment and implementing successful go-to-market strategies.
- Culturally adaptable, with the ability to lead and manage international teams effectively.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills, as well as organisational development expertise.
- A passion for food safety and the environment.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to Agri Frontier Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Application: Commercial Manager – Food & Water Testing”. We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Wandia Musyimi on email@example.com.