Get the latest updates and learn more about Agribusiness in Africa.
29th August 23
Head of Consulting (TA & BDS) – Agri Growth HUB
Key Aims & Objectives:
Agri Frontier is looking to add a Head of Consulting (TA/BDS), based in Kenya, for its expanding Agri Growth HUB accelerator www.agrigrowthhub.com . The role will manage, support, coach and develop the Technical Assistance & Business Development Services (TA&BDS) delivery team to deliver impact to Agri SMEs across East & West Africa.
- Team lead on existing client delivery while building team leadership capabilities within the team.
- Ensure that teams are supported in their development and provided with stretching opportunities. Set an example, encourage behaviors that foster a strong team spirit.
- Provide leadership on high profile external partnerships and industry relationships, bringing gravitas and experience to those interactions.
- Responsible for overseeing a diverse portfolio of Agri SMEs, screening and onboarding new clients.
- Bring project management experience to projects, ensuring that the delivery is managed appropriately and is delivered by team members at the right level.
- Support the Growth HUB Manager in promoting the profile of the Agri Frontier Growth HUB and the service offering through internal and external events and initiatives, including panel participation, delivering presentations, networking, etc.
Experience & Personal Attributes:
- A minimum of 10 years consulting experience in a consulting organization, including a minimum of 5 years in a leadership position.
- Technically expert at strategic development, transaction advisory, financial modelling, investment readiness, likely from a corporate finance consulting and/or management consulting background.
- Agri SME sector experience.
- A successful track record in representing an organization at a national and international level and effectively building partnerships and developing and sustaining influential relationships with multiple stakeholders across sectors and nations.
- Successful experience of leading and developing organizations and/or companies and developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Focus on client delivery, resilient and able to prioritize and manage multiple clients with competing demands.
- A ‘hands-on’, ‘can-do’ and pragmatic attitude, willing to go the extra mile to achieve results.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Building and managing a consultancy company or a division of such a company.
- An enthusiastic proponent of international development particularly agriculture.
- MBA or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant financial qualifications (ACCA/CPA/CIMA/CMA).
- Already living & working in Kenya.
About the organization
Agri Frontier is an agri sector impact investment and advisory firm, with offices in Kenya, Nigeria and United Kingdom that specializes in helping to create world class farming and integrated agri businesses across the value chain, with a focus on frontier markets, particularly Africa.
Agri Frontier works with clients to provide innovative solutions to food security, economic and environmental sustainability, delivering impact in challenging environments and provides the following key services within our four divisions:
Corporate & Development Consulting:
- Transaction Services, including investment readiness, due diligence, fund raising, deal negotiation, acquisition, divestment and joint ventures.
- Strategic Development.
- Feasibility, business planning and financial modelling.
- Sustainability, including climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience strategies.
- Agricultural research and policy advisory.
- Market linkages.
Agri Frontier Growth HUB:
Agri Frontier Growth HUB is an accelerator that supports growth stage Agri SMEs across East & West Africa, helping companies to scale, grow and deliver impact. The Agri Growth HUB provides a range of match funded TA/BDS support, including:
- Capacity building support (pre-funding, fund raising and post funding stages).
- Climate and gender baseline evaluation and improvement strategies.
- Investment readiness and fund raising activities.
Agri Frontier Growth FUND:
Agri Frontier Growth FUND is a blended finance impact fund that invests in growth stage Agri SMEs supported by the Agri Frontier Growth HUB.
The growth and success of any organization is driven by its people. Talent Solutions offers a range of services to help identify and grow an organizations human capital.
- Executive search to yield the crème de la crème of candidates within the African Agri space.
- Board services to support and recruit for a credible and solid board of directors.
- Talent strategy helps identify improvements and gaps within your executive and senior team
- Performance management.
Typical clients range from Agri SME to corporate businesses across the agri value chain as well as Impact, Developmental and Private Equity investors. We cover projects across sub-Saharan Africa.
How to Apply:
Note: Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.