Get the latest updates and learn more about Agribusiness in Africa.
4th April 23
Procurement Manager -Floriculture
Our client, is a leading Kenyan floriculture exporter. The Procurement Manager will report to the General Manager and will be primarily responsible for overseeing the procurement process, including sourcing, purchasing, negotiating, and managing grower relationships, with the aim of improving the company’s profitability and overall growth.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies that support the company’s goals and objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with reliable growers and other suppliers.
- Identify and source reliable suppliers for flowers in line with global client needs.
- Negotiate favourable pricing and contract terms with growers and suppliers.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify their procurement needs and ensure timely delivery of the same.
- Analyse market trends and provide a procurement plan for the various seasons.
- Participate in the development of specifications for each market in accordance to client requirements.
- Monitor market trends, supply chain risks, and other factors that could impact the company’s procurement strategy.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures, and regulations related to procurement.
- Continuously improve procurement processes and practices to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Lead, coach, and mentor the procurement team to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Analyse data and provide reports on procurement and purchasing activities to management as required.
- Ensure all supply agreements are executed in line with the agreed terms.
- Evaluate grower performance and manage grower relationships to ensure quality and timely delivery of products and services.
- Ideally have formal qualifications in procurement, supply chain management, business or a related field.
- Must have over 5 years of experience in procurement or supply chain management, preferably in the flower industry.
- Proven track record of successful procurement management, including supplier negotiation and relationship management.
- Experience creating supply forecasts.
- Proven ability to create “end-to-end” costings for product leaving Kenya.
- Proven ability to coordinate with other departments within a company.
- Good knowledge of supplier and third-party management.
- Aptitude in decision-making and analytical ability.
Please send your CV to Agri Frontier Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Wandia Musyimi on email@example.com.