Get the latest updates and learn more about Agribusiness in Africa.
20th January 23
Regional Consultant(s) (GH,MW,UG,TZ)
ABOUT AGRI FRONTIER
Agri Frontier is an agri sector impact investment and advisory firm, with offices in Kenya, Nigeria and United Kingdom that specialises in helping to create world class farming and integrated agri businesses across the value chain, with a focus on frontier markets, particularly Africa.
We work with clients to provide innovative solutions to food security, economic and environmental sustainability, delivering impact in challenging environments and provides the following key services within our four divisions:
Corporate & Development Consulting:
- Transaction Services, including investment readiness, due diligence, fund raising, deal negotiation, acquisition, divestment and joint ventures.
- Strategic Development.
- Feasibility, business planning and financial modelling.
- Sustainability, including climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience strategies.
- Agricultural research and policy advisory.
- Market linkages.
Agri Frontier Growth HUB:
Agri Frontier Growth HUB is an accelerator that supports growth stage Agri SMEs across East & West Africa, helping companies to scale, grow and deliver impact. The Agri Growth HUB provides a range of match funded TA/BDS support, including:
- Capacity building support (pre-funding, fund raising and post funding stages).
- Climate and gender baseline evaluation and improvement strategies.
- Investment readiness and fund-raising activities.
Agri Frontier Growth FUND:
Agri Frontier Growth FUND is a blended finance impact fund that invests in growth stage Agri SMEs supported by the Agri Frontier Growth HUB.
The growth and success of any organisation is driven by its people. Talent Solutions offers a range of services to help identify and grow an organisations human capital.
- Executive search to yield the crème de la crème of candidates within the African Agri space.
- Board services to support and recruit for a credible and solid board of directors.
- Talent strategy helps identify improvements and gaps within your executive and senior team
- Performance management.
Typical clients range from Agri SME to corporate businesses across the agri value chain as well as Impact, Developmental and Private Equity investors. We cover projects across sub-Saharan Africa.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in either Ghana, Malawi, Uganda or Tanzania this position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of Agri Frontier’s Growth Hub in Malawi by driving business development, managing the client onboarding processes, and deepening Agri Frontier’s understanding of the agricultural sector in the region.
Typical work may involve:
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities within the region to expand Agri Frontier Growth Hub’s presence.
- Developing and implementing strategic initiatives to drive growth and SME market reach.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders across various agri-value chains, government agencies, associations, foundations etc.
- Leading the onboarding process for new clients, ensuring a smooth transition and positive initial client experience.
- Collaborating with internal teams to customise solutions based on clients’ specific needs and requirements.
- Providing ongoing support to clients, addressing inquiries and resolving issues promptly.
- Staying abreast of local agricultural trends, market dynamics, and regulatory changes.
- Conducting research to identify potential challenges and opportunities unique to the Malawian agricultural landscape.
- Utilising insights to tailor Growth Hub offerings to align with the needs and preferences of local SME agribusinesses.
- Acting as a spokesperson for Agri Frontier in the region, promoting the company’s mission and values.
- Attending relevant conferences, workshops, and events to stay connected with industry developments.
- Engaging with industry associations, community groups, and government bodies to deepen Agri Frontier’s understanding of local agricultural practices.
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree (essential). Post graduate qualifications would be an advantage.
- 10 years or more of relevant experience in client facing roles in corporate settings across the agri sector or management consulting.
- Strong business development and networking abilities, with experience in pipeline development and identifying and pursuing new opportunities to build building client relationships.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills (both written and verbal), including the ability to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
*This job description is intended to convey essential job responsibilities and qualifications. It is not an exhaustive list of duties, and the specific tasks and responsibilities may vary depending on the needs of the business.
Please send your CV to Agri Frontier Limited at email@example.com with the subject line “Regional Consultant (Country Name) Application”.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Wandia Musyimi on firstname.lastname@example.org.