Get the latest updates and learn more about Agribusiness in Africa.
7th February 23
Senior Agri Business Financial Consultant
Agri Frontier is an agri investment and advisory firm, with offices in Kenya, Nigeria and United Kingdom that specialises in helping to create world class farming and integrated agri businesses across the value chain, with a focus on frontier markets, particularly Africa.
Agri Frontier work with clients to provide innovative solutions to food security, economic and environmental sustainability in challenging environments and provides the following key services:
- Strategic Development
- Feasibility, business planning and financial modelling of agri projects
- Assisting businesses to become “investment ready” (expansion capital or outright sale) to raise finance (grant, debt and equity), and support thereof
- Identification of investment opportunities within the agricultural sector for a range of investors
- Merger and acquisition services, including commercial due diligence and valuations of agri businesses
- Agricultural research and policy advisory
- Business Development Support (BDS) and Technical Assistance (TA)
Typical clients range from family owned to corporate farming businesses in Africa as well as Impact, Developmental and Private Equity investors.
Key Aims & Objectives:
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, under the support and guidance of the founder, the position is to help grow the investment and advisory business, assisting with existing clients and securing new ones. Regional travel to East African countries may be requirement, together with occasional international travel. Typical work may involve:
- Development of strategic plans, financial models and business plans for agri businesses
- Carrying out agri business valuations
- Transaction advisory; presenting opportunities to developmental, impact and private equity investors
- Feasibility studies for new and expansion agricultural projects
- Preparing fund raising proposals and tenders
- Responsibility for planning, organizing, and managing all aspects of delivery including scope, quality, resources, risks, and timelines
- Be responsible for the end-to-end design, build, and delivery of deliverables that meet project goals
- Identify and proactively solve problems faced by the client
- Be a trusted client contact for strategic and operational questions, developing the relationship through face-to-face discussions, workshops, phone, and email contact
- Manage the work and priorities of team members on your project(s)
- Support and mentor Consultants in developing skills and professional capabilities
- Proactively lead business development opportunities and proposals related to the R&D value chain
- Develop and disseminate thought leadership and campaigns
- Conduct business development activities by generating leads, presenting at events and conferences and developing client relationships
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- 5 – 7 years of agribusiness experience is essential
- Relevant financial analyst experience/qualifications would be an advantage
- A combined passion for Investment/Finance/Business
- Commercially aware and analytical
- Excellent report writing skills
- Relevant accounting/financial qualifications would be an advantage
- A Bachelor’s degree essential, an MBA/CFA would be an advantage
How to Apply
Please send your CV to Agri Frontier Limited at email@example.com. We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Wandia Musyimi on firstname.lastname@example.org.